Friday, August 15, 2008

Letting the CAT out of the bag

Tomarrow morning at approximately eleven o'clock, I will be smack-dab in the middle of a CAT scan.

Last year I went to my doctor because of a severe burning sensation near my left ovary. I was told that it was probably just adhesions from my c-section and that I would need a laparoscopy to remove the damaged tissue. My OB said that it would more than likely (yeah, right) help me get pregnant. So... off to the OR I went. During the surgery he found that my uterus and bladder had fused together (which is apparently common after a c-section... go figure) and there was a small amount of scar tissue, but it was nowhere near my left ovary. He was able to correct the issues that he saw, and I went home the same day. My recovery was quick and relatively painless and surprisingly, the pain seemed to lessen so I was hopeful that it would go away completely.

Well, I guess that'll teach me to hope! It has gotten much worse over the last couple of months, and after spending a day last week in bed crying all day, I decided it was time to have the friggin' test done. (My OB had ordered the test months ago, and I foolishly laughed it off, deciding it would get better on its own.)

My general Dr. who is ordering this test (I was too embarrassed to go back to my OB. I can see the "I told you so" look now) was pretty right-on when trying to describe this indescribable pain, and he suggested that it was more scar tissue, or possibly a problem with my ovary itself.

SO, I am heading in for the CAT scan, and if it is found that there is either scar tissue OR a problem with my ovary I will be heading back into the OR for a tune-up (hopefully before school starts on the 25th).

Keep your fingers crossed that they will find something minor, and easy to fix. I'll post again when I hear the results.

2 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Crossing fingers. Hope all goes well!!!

niobe said...

Thinking of you.