So cute, right??
Thursday, December 29, 2011
So cute, right??
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Saturday, December 10, 2011
This has been an awful week. Here's why:
1. Food poisoning. I promise I will NEVER eat another stuffed mushroom. EVER!!
2. Because I was sick, EJ and I were in our pajamas (the same ones) for 2 1/2 days.
3. I am losing my hair. A lot.
4. EJ was super fussy the whole time I was sick.
5. Yesterday morning as I was bathing EJ, I noticed that her toe was bright red and SUPER swollen. It was at least twice the size it should have been. When I looked closer I saw one of my hairs (see #3) wrapped around her toe so tight that it had cut off the circulation, (now #4 makes sense!) but it was so swollen I couldn't actually get to the hair. I FREAKED OUT and screamed for DH, who, luckily was able to get the hair off. I took her to the Dr. to get it checked out and it was fine. However, I did find out that...
6. Miss E has dropped between the 10th and 25th percentile for weight. (Which explains why almost everyone comments that she is "so tiiiny") She will be 4 months old on Christmas Eve and she is only 10lbs. 13 oz. And that was with a wet diaper. :( The doc wasn't concerned because she acts perfectly happy and looks healthy (just small), and is freakishly strong... but it didn't make me feel any better.
7. After the Dr. appt. I threw out my back trying to lift some laundry. I can't stand, walk, or lay on my back, and can only sit for super short periods of time. It takes an act of Congress to roll from one side to the other because I can barely move my legs or hips. Basically - I'm screwed. Oh yeah, and I have a 3 1/2 month old baby that I can't lift without excruciating pain and my legs giving out on me, who doesn't allow anyone to soothe her but me. (Did I mention she has a sore toe?)
Throw in my first PP period, finals week, and a family feud and that rounds out the top 10 reasons my week sucks.
Stay tuned for the next few days when I must find a way to miraculously heal in time for the photo sessions I have booked Sunday, Monday, and Friday. Monday's session includes 27 mini sessions. All kids.
Friday, December 2, 2011
So ya know what sucks? Wind. Wind freakin' SUCKS!!!!
86mph winds, people. The highest wind recorded today (about 10 min. away from my house) was 102mph. That's the same as a category 2 hurricane, folks.
Currently we are without power, and when I left my home at around 5pm the temp inside was only 52*. When I called the power company, they told me that they don't expect the power to be back on until Saturday at the earliest. My neighborhood is a disaster area. I have never seen such destruction. I couldn't help but cry when I drove down the street and within 3 blocks counted 9 very large toppled trees. One of my neighbors lost their roof. Not shingles - their actual roof. My dad, who lives only 4 blocks away, has to replace his roof. More than half of his shingles were torn off. I am so nervous that he wont be able to make the repairs. He's been out of work for months.
There is so much debris! Trees were blocking many roads in my area, making it hard to drive anywhere.
We were lucky. We lost part of the roof on our shed, some shingles off the roof, a few strips of siding, and our new barbeque was ripped apart, but we are lucky. We will be spending the next couple of days with my inlaws until the power comes back on so we don't freeze to death, and so we have food to eat (our stove/oven is electric, and we don't dare let the cold out of the fridge/freezer by opening it). There are many people that will spend the same time in emergency shelters set up in the area.
Tonight I am counting my lucky stars. Please send positive thoughts and prayers to those around us who were not so fortunate.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Just about now, a year ago today I was waking up from egg retrieval. I remember the nurse being there with a smile on her face and telling me "congratulations!" Then I remember glancing at my hand and seeing a "16" drawn on the back. I had so much hope that day.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Monday, August 8, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
Total weight gain/loss: 1 lb. gained.
Maternity clothes? Mostly. My belly hasn't gotten too big, so I have a few items that I can still comfortably wear from my pre-pregnancy wardrobe.
Stretch marks? A whole crop stretched just above my belly button. They don't bother me at all. I'm proud of them. =)
Sleep: Lately it is harder to stay asleep. I have terrible acid-reflux at night that usually wakes me at least twice. Sometimes it even makes me throw up. Luckily, DH lets me sleep in, so it's really not a big deal.
Best moment this week: I am assuming this has to be pregnancy related, so I'll say seeing Miss E during my ultrasound today was pretty freakin' spectacular. (as usual)
Movement: She's mellowed out quite a bit in the last week or so, to the point of scaring me a few times, but as soon as I'm ready to call L&D, she gets the point and starts moving around like crazy.
Food cravings: I haven't really had any cravings lately other than lots and lots of ice water. With LOTS of ice. MMMMMM
Labor Signs: None really. Braxton Hicks don't count.
Belly Button in or out? Innie. But barely.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. My legs from the knee down, as well as my hands are enormous. It's the only thing that is really bothering me. It makes my joints stiff, and my feet feel bruised all of the time.
What I miss: Not a damn thing!
What I am looking forward to: Of course I'm looking forward to meeting her, but I'm bitterly sad that my pregnancy is almost over. I don't want it to end!
Weekly Wisdom: Caffeine is the devil.
Milestones: I hit 37 weeks (full term) on Wednesday.