Sunday, August 22, 2010

365

So I have a tiny secret. Nothing major, really.

Today is my birthday. My 29th birthday. No big deal, right?

Well, according to my "plan", I was going to be done having kids by the time I turned 30. I got married when I was 18, and planned to have 4 kids in 12 years. Totally doable, right? (*sigh)

So, now I have exactly 365 days to pop out 3 more kids.

Should make the decision of how many embryos to transfer easy, huh? (insert eye-roll here.)

Why is it so hard to let go of "what could have/should have been"?

Excuse me while I go gorge myself with cake.

6 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your cake!

I know what you mean about the 'plan'. Things never really go the way we envision, do they?

Annie said...

Happy birthday! Hope you can at least make it to 2 kids by 30. I wanted at least 4 kids (live ones) by 35. Not gonna happen.

One Day said...

Happy Birthday! I'm hoping for a step closer to your 4 by 30 goal soon! I'm thinking about you... :)

Penny said...

Happy birthday! Crappy about things not turning out the way you planned. Still hoping for happy surprises though.

Penny said...

...I mean, surprises like a pretty awesome life even if you didn't plan it this way, not the whole "surprise, I'm pregnant" thing, because saying that to an IVF'r is like handing you a knife, pointy end going the wrong way.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! May this be the best one yet.