Thursday, August 11, 2011

Psych!

Another trip to L&D. This time it was super annoying. I called my Dr. this morning because I was so nauseous that I was in tears. The waves of "OMG, I'm going to vomit!" were intense, and actually came in waves. The top of my belly would tighten (painlessly) and I would swear I was going to puke. However, it was nothing I would call a contraction.

Well, because I was having some tightening and am trying for a VBAC my Dr. sent me to L&D just to be safe. (I was hoping for some zofran and a list of things to watch for.)

It took forever to get back to a room, but once hooked to the monitors I was pretty surprised to watch the little hills appearing on the screen. Every two minutes. And I could feel these ones! It was what I was calling my "waves of nausea" before. Nope, not tummy issue, just contractions. HOLY CRAP, REAL CONTRACTIONS!! I was still nauseous for sure, so they hooked me up to an IV and gave me a big 'ole dose of zofran along with a bag of saline. I felt SO. MUCH. BETTER! Now the only time I thought I was going to puke was at the peak of a contraction, which somehow got stronger after the meds. Maybe I just could feel them better without the sick feeling?

So, imagine my surprise (*eyeroll) when I was STILL only at a 1, and 70% effaced. =( They had me finish my IV and then sent me home. I am currently waiting for my OB to call me so I can ask him what this all means. Before - he had told me that regular contractions were labor contractions. Braxton Hicks are not regular and often can't even be timed. So what the hell was this? I wish they would have had me stay just a bit longer so that they could have at least checked me one more time before I left. I'd be lying if I didn't say it was a bit exciting. With LJ, I didn't get to contractions like these until day 2 of Pitocin. Hopefully, this is a good sign, right?

For now, here I sit... at home. Contracting every 2-3 minutes with varying intensity (nothing too painful, just uncomfortable and sometimes making me hold my breath), waiting for my OB to call.

Sorry I have nothing more exciting to report... but hey, it's a start, right?

3 comments:

Annie said...

STILL stuck at 1? That just stinks! But your body is showing signs it's getting ready to get started. Any progress is very welcome. Now I'm hoping to follow your good example. I am going crazy and it is not pretty.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Hang in there hon... it's totally awesome that you've started on your own. Hopefully this means that your body is getting with the program and that you will be able to have your vbac.

E. Phantzi said...

Oh, I hope this is it! I really hope you get your VBAC - I feel with you on that one, a lot.