Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hooray for Today

Today I have so much to be thankful for.

I am walking. That's right... this nearly 30-year-old woman has learned to walk again! YES!

Then, I logged on to check on some of my bloggy friends, and the first thing I read is STELLAR news! (Luckies! I still can't quit smiling for you!!!)

And then... my BIL called to ask if I would mind watching my nephew once a week until our baby comes. Um, YES! Seriously, it's not even a competition. I have the CUTEST nieces and nephews on the planet. I am so excited! I can't wait for Thursday!

To make this week even more exciting, LJ's Spectrum play is this Friday. She has had so many amazing opportunities this year in the Gifted and Talented program. She has excelled even more than we expected and I think she's found her place. She has a part as a Sneetch (from the Dr. Seuss book) and is beyond excited. I may even post a picture of her in costume. I doubt anyone IRL would recognize her. I can't wait!

Oh, and there's the little place that DH found. It's a small restaurant that serves baked potatoes. JUST baked potatoes. They offer so many delicious toppings that I'm practically drooling just thinking about it. We've been there twice in the last week. Yes, I gimped my way there TWICE! It is SOOO GOOD! (Really, people. It's the little things!)

And to top things off, this Wee One who, sadly, still does not have a name, is becoming more predictable in her movements. I'm sure people think I'm a lunatic because I often find myself giggling for what I'm sure appears to be no particular reason. In all reality it is because she just plain makes me happy and I am beyond grateful for the little reminders that she's still there. Alive and (literally) kicking.

I am feeling so very, very blessed today. =)


2 comments:

One Day said...

Oh I just absolutely HEART you!!! We're so excited...and I can't thank you enough for all of your support. You've been there the whole way :) Now we gotta keep the mantra going: "Keep growing luckies!"...so that I can feel those kicks just like you. It sounds absolutely amazing.

Ps- good luck to LJ on the play! I love that she's so excited for it. :)

Annie said...

Hooray indeed! It is the little things and especially the little thing that is kicking you. How funny that she makes you giggle. I just can't help smiling sometimes when mine is kicking, and sometimes I cry because it's just the most happy, wonderful thing!