Saturday, July 23, 2011

Moving Along

I'm still here. Kind of.

Things are still crazy, and I am running out of time at an astonishing rate, but things are good. DH has had pretty much zero pain from the surgery, so it's really just more of an inconvenience than anything.

My house still looks like a storage unit, with all kind of furniture out of place - either waiting to go to the actual storage unit, or to be picked up by new owners. It's the laundry that will be the death of me. My upstairs hallway is one big fire hazard. The entire corridor is lined with garbage bags full of miscellaneous fabric items waiting to be cleaned and organized. I think they will be there until I die. Pretty sure.

Right now, my current priority is packing my hospital bag. I think this wee little one will be here within 2 weeks, and I haven't even packed my bag! How did this happen? I printed out a suggestion list of what to pack from th.e bu.mp, and it is pretty awesome. Now just to gather the items. I am slowly realizing that I am not nearly as prepared as I thought I was. I have a lot that I still need to pick up. I have been scouring stores both physically and online to find the perfect outfit to bring Miss E home in, and have come up miserably short. I found ONE outfit that I thought was perfect for the occasion, but it was unavailable in the right size. I almost cried.

Speaking of Miss E, she is begun making arrangements for her arrival. At my last check I was already beginning to dilate (!) and she seems to be in the correct position to attempt a VBAC. She's a bit on the small size (which is really not very surprising seeing as I am STILL 2 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight) weighing in at an estimated 5 lbs. 5 oz. Oh, and she was kind enough to flip-off my Dr. - in 4D - when he tried to get her to turn so that we could get a picture of her face. She gets it from her Dad, I'm sure.

Apparently, I am positive for Group B Strep, which I was surprised about. I didn't have it with LJ, so I expected that it would be the same this time. My Dr. said that it is pretty much a non-issue anyway, as long as I get IV antibiotics during labor.

Okay, I think I've brought you all up to date. I'm off to pack my bag. =)

Oh, and if any of you happen to stumble upon an outfit like this one (the pink) in a local store... PLEASE let me know! This is from Ma.cy's but of course, not the right size. TIA





1 comment:

One Day said...

Oh I LOVE that outfit! Baaaah- sad sad sad they don't have it in the right size. :(

I can't believe you're packing your bag- this is all just flying by! Good lord I'm so excited for you. And glad that E is cooperating (including the proper flip off for the doc).

Thanks for the update!!!