Thursday, February 3, 2011

Voluntary Guinea Pig

Let me just tell you how lame I am.

While shopping tonight at Wal.green.'s I ran across this:



Okay, it's not the first time I'd heard of these, and I'll admit to doing a tiny bit of looking into it google-style before I ran into it, so when I saw it my will power shrank. I called K and asked if I could buy it (sometimes you just need the hubs to okay an irrational purchase, right?) He wasn't thrilled, but gave me the go-ahead anyway. I love him.

So I got home and quickly tore into the package.

Step 1: "Collect your first morning's urine in the cup provided. (Use ONLY first morning urine.)"

CRAP! It's 8:30 at night and there's no way I want to wait until morning. So, I pulled up the website and read that as long as it's been 2 1/2 hours since your last "void" it's fine. YAY!

I finished the test, and placed it on the counter to season for the required 5 minutes.

The results?

GIRL!!

Of course, I'm not putting too much stock into this one test, but still it's fun to think that it could be right! According to the internet and all it's infinite wisdom, this particular test is between 78%-90% accurate.

So, allow me to be the guinea pig, and I'll let you know if it turns out to be correct. Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait until March to know for sure. ;)

No comments: