Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Update

4 days of contractions and guess what... STILL at only 1 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced. While I was there, he was able to feel a couple of my contractions and he told me that I am "very likely" to go into labor at anytime. *sigh. I'm not that hopeful. After he checked my cervix, I asked him if it was possible to strip the membranes if I went too far over my due date. He told me that he had just tried when he checked me, but couldn't reach. Nice. He told me to schedule another appointment for Monday, just in case.

I had a little talk with him about Thursday/Friday, and he pretty much stopped me before I could begin by saying that he had had a "little chat" with the nurse I had spoken to, and had "ripped into her". Apparently, this is not the first problem there has been with this particular nurse, and he told me how grateful he was that she's "just a part-timer." He told me that he was pretty pissed, and apologized for how "unprofessional" she had been, and that he couldn't believe how she jumped so quickly to the c-section thing. She wasn't very apologetic with him, either, and continued to try to defend her reasoning, which he called "total B.S." It was a long weekend for him and I am really grateful that he took care of it for me. He was in a much better mood today, so I'm wondering if he's just not a "phone" person, and that's why he seemed so annoyed when I talked to him on Friday.

I feel MUCH better. =)

3 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

So glad to hear that your doc took care of things. And glad that you're feeling better.

I know they say patience is a virtue, but at this point, I would definitely be as frustrated as you. Hang in there hon.

Annie said...

I KNOW how frustrated you are. I'm hoping it will just suddenly start going really quickly for you. For me even several hours into active labor I was STILL stuck at 2 for the longest time. It took a little intervention to move things along, but then it went quickly - NO csection. I'm praying it goes perfectly for you so you can have a beautiful experience having this baby you've waited so long for. Can't wait to hear she's safely arrived!

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Great news, keep us posted!!