Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back in the hospital

So, here I sit, an inpatient at the University of Utah Hospital.

I ended up in the emergency room last night because I started bleeding again, and had some pretty decent pain going on. They did a CT scan with contrast. That's all it took

The next thing I knew, I was in an ambulance being transported to the U, and into the care of my RE (who btw is the Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology here.) I was hemorrhaging again, and my hematocrit was falling.

Again, they were able to save the tube, but this time not without cutting. I don't have the details of most of what they did, other than that the omentum (sp?) had saved my life. It is a fatty layer, that sits in your abdominal cavity. It had moved to wrap around my fallopian tube to "save my life", according to my RE. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but DH said they were really awful. My insides looked like they blew up.

Right now I am feeling pretty good other than some excess CO2 that is molesting my shoulders and chest... but the pain is managable. I am waiting for a methotrexate shot, and then I will be going to sleep. I haven't been asleep (other than surger, which TOTALLY doesn't count) since 7 am on the 16th. I am TIRED!

I will update again later. I'm sure the methotrexate will have a story all it's own. OH, FUN!

5 comments:

JuliaS said...

Oh Meim - this is so unfair, to have to go through all this on top on everything else.

Please know you are being thought of and prayed for. I hope things start looking a great deal better for you very soon!

{{hugs}}

Elizabeth said...

What a dreadful, harrowing experience - so sorry you went/are going through this. Thinking of you.

niobe said...

I'm so fvcking sorry. Thinking of you and hoping you can get a little sleep.

Jem said...

Wow. I hope you are feeling better and that you recover quickly.

Sending healing thoughts...

Jem

Penny said...

Wow! I'm glad you are okay now. Post more when you feel okay.