Thursday, September 9, 2010

Update

Retrieval went well. We got 6 eggs - which I was pretty bummed about - until my RE came in and told me how happy he was with the results. He said that with my estrogen being as high as it was on Tuesday, (2993) that only retrieving 6 eggs points to better quality.

As expected, my ovaries were assholes. The nurse kept telling me that he really had to "dig around in there". Of course I am feeling it now. I usually have a pretty high pain threshold, but I needed 2 shots of demerol before I left.

So, that's how it went. Fertilization report tomorrow, and then updates every other day after that until transfer.

I'm glad the worst is behind us.

1 comment:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Fantastic! Don't be too bummed, I only got 5! We are so similar. Can't wait to hear the fert report and take care of yourself-lots of heat packs and rest. Love you!!